I'm a lion
My husband has been wanting to dress Weezer up like a lion forever. I finally got around to making a costume.
What you need:
2 colors of acrylic yarn, I used rust and tan
Size I (5.5mm) hook
Size F (3.75mm) hook
|Worn like a collar|
I know it looks like Weezer hates the mane but he will come up to us and but his head against it till we put it on him. Such a silly cat.
With mane color (LOL) and I hook
Chain a chain long enough to go around your cat's head. This should be snug but not too tight, you will be adding more on when we add the button.
- Row 1: sc, chain 1 turn
- Row 2: sc 1, double loop stitch across to next to last stitch, sc1, ch 1 turn
- Row 3: sc, chain 1 turn
- Row 4: sc 1, double loop stitch across to next to last stitch, sc1, ch 1 turn
- Row 5: sc
- Don't break yarn
If you are not familiar with the double loop stitch
- Row 1- sc 6 back along edge of the mane, chain 1 turn
- Row 2 - sc, chain 1 turn
- Row 3, sc 2, chain two, skip two stitches, sc 2, chain 1 turn
- Row 4: sc (sc two in chain space)
Finish off and weave in ends
Join yarn work 4 rows of sc
Break yarn and weave in ends.
Sew button on.
Ear color and F hook
Work in continuous rounds
- Chain 2
- Round 1: 6 sc in first chain
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around - 12 sts
- Round 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * - 18 sts
- Round 4: *2 sc in next st, sc in each of next 2 sts, rep from * - 24 sts
- Round 5: sc
Sew ears between the rows of loops.
Remember to take off the mane when you are not there to watch your little lion
Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form. If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.