My most requested pattern is now here. Sorry it took so long.
Crocheted kitty ears!
What you need:
Matching colors of a worsted weight and eyelash yarn
Inside ear color worsted weight yarn
Size I (5.5 mm) hook
Sewing needle and thread or hot glue
Wire or chenille stems
2 ear, 2 inside ear
- Chain 13
- Row 1: sc across, chain 1 turn -12 st
- Row 2-3: repeat row 1
- Row 4: sc, sc2tog, sc 9, chain 1 turn -11 st
- Row 5: sc, sc2tog, sc 8, chain 1 turn -10 st
- Row 6: sc, sc2tog, sc 7, chain 1 turn - 9 st
- Row 7: sc, sc2tog, sc 6, chain 1 turn - 8 st
- Row 8: sc, sc2tog, sc 5, chain 1 turn - 7 st
- Row 9: sc, sc2tog, sc 4, chain 1 turn - 6 st
- Row 10: sc, sc2tog, sc 3, chain 1 turn - 5 st
- Row 11: sc, sc2tog, sc 2, chain 1 turn - 4 st
- Row 12: sc, sc2tog, sc 1, chain 1 turn - 3 st
- Row 13: sc, sc2tog, sc, chain 1 turn - 2 st
- Finish off and weave in ends
Cut two pieces of wire several inches longer than your ears.
Fold down ends of wires so you don't have sharp ends.
Pair an inside and outside ear. With eyelash yarn sc layers together. Hold wire along edge and be sure to sc around it as well.
Fold extra wire inside ear. Sc along bottom.
|Note: above ear was the first attempt, I found it was easier to fold in wire before finishing. Lesson learned.|
See? Extra fluffy like a cute kitten.
The wire allows you to bend and pose your ear.
Sew or glue to headband.
Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form.
If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.