One last post before the new year.
I give you the
brony pony hat.
Finished hat is about 24 inches around.
What you need:
Worsted weight yarn in main and contrast color
Size J (6.00 mm) hook
chain 2 at beginning of each row, slip stitch to join each row
- Round 1: Chain 3, dc 11 into first chain
- Round 2: 2 dc in each st around
- Round 3: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Round 4: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Round 5: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Round 6: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next 4 st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Round 7-12: dc in each st around
- Finish off and
Lay hat flat and mark front center with a scrap piece of yarn.
Count out 13 stitches each way and mark with scrap yarn.
Count 15 more stitches each way and mark again.
Remove center marker.
Join main color yarn and sc 15 (from one marker to the other).
*Chain 1 turn, sc2tog, sc across
Repeat * row till you have 4 stitches
Break yarn and repeat process on other side.
If done right this will give you 2 ear flaps set slightly back from the front of the hat.
Don't worry if you have to redo one, I ended up redoing the second one twice.
Weave in all ends.
With contrasting color join at back of hat and sc around bottom edge.
Work in continuous rounds
- Chain 2
- Round 1: work 6 sc in first chain
- Round 2: sc in each sc around - 6
- Round 3: work 2 sc in each sc around - 12 st
- Round 4: sc in each sc around - 12 st
- Round 5: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st, rep from * around - 18 st
- Round 6-8: sc in each sc around - 18 st
- Break yarn
Fold ears in half and sew along bottom of ear. Pull slightly on the stitches to gather ear and give it shape. Weave in ends.
Wrap contrast color around a paperback book.
Gently slip off and trim each end.
(I made a little too much, okay, twice as much as I needed)
Gather a group of 5 pieces of yarn and slip knot (like fringe) them around double crochets up the back of the hat. Work one group into the the first round of the hat then 4 down the front.
Place your hat on a wig head and sew on ears.
Weave in ends.
Cut 32 long strands of yarn and thread them through the bottoms of the ear flaps.
Braid, then trim ends.
Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form. If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.