This little hat would be cute on a toddler or young child, especially for a Halloween costume.
What you need:
Worsted weight yarn in a bright color
Black worsted weight yarn
Size I (5.5mm) or H (5mm) hook
Finished hat size 17.5-18 inches
chain 3 at start of each row, slip stitch to join each row
- 12 dc in a magic loop, pull loop tight
- Round 2: 2 dc in each st around
- Rounds 3-4: dc around
- Round 5: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Rounds 6-8: dc around
- Round 9: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Rounds 10-11: dc around
- Round 12: 2 dc in first st, * dc in next 5 st, 2 dc in next st repeat from * around
- Round 13: Back Post Double Crochet around
- Round 14: dc around
- Round 15: Change color to black, dc around, change back to main color
- Rounds 16-17: repeat rounds 14 and 15
- Round 18: dc around (main color)
- Finish off and weave in ends.
Please note,this pattern is in no way related to Lisa Frank or Crayola.
(They just happen to be my favorites and great props)
This pattern is for private use only. Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form. If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.