Okay, I admit it. I am pony crazy.
What you need:
Worsted weight acrylic yarn
(I used Red Heart Super Saver)
Size I (5.5mm) hook
- Chain 46 leaving a tail of yarn about 18 inches
- Row 1: 1 dc in 2nd ch from hook & remaining 44 sts (45 dc)
- Row 2: ch 2, turn, dc in each st across
- Finish off and leave tail about 18 inches
Cut 18 pieces of yarn about 36 inches long each. Thread 9 pieces through each side of headband and braid.
- Chain 10
- Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook & remaining 9 sts
- Row 2-4: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across
- Row 5: turn (do not chain, this will act as a decrease) sc in each st across -8sts
- Row 6: turn, sc in each st -7sts
- Row 7: turn, sc in each st -6 sts
- Row 8: turn, sc in each st -5 sts
- Row 9: turn, sc in each st -4 sts
- Row 10: turn, sc in each st -3 sts
- Finish off
Place two ears together and sc together leaving bottom open.
Leave a tail to sew ear to headband.
Position ears and sew to headband.
Make them in any color:
Do not distribute or publish this pattern in any other form. If you like this pattern and would like to share please link to this blog.